August 15, 2017
Drums of heaven ( Chicken lollipop in Chinese style)
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 10 pieces Chicken lollipops
- 2 pieces eggs
- 4 pieces Green Chili (ground)
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 50 grams Refined flour approximate
- 50 grams Cornflour approximate
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri mirch optional(for color)
- 350 ml White oil for deep frying
- 4-5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion finely sliced
- 3 Green chillies slit
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions/corriender leaves chopped(for garnishing)
- Combine chicken lollypops, ginger-garlic paste, salt, ½ teaspoon crushed peppercorns and soy sauce in a bowl and mix well. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Combine ginger, garlic, red chilli paste, refined flour, cornflour, egg,salt and remaining black peppercorns in another bowl and mix well. Add little water and mix well till a thick batter is formed.
- Dip marinated lollypops in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Drain it on absorbent paper.
- Heat 2tsp oil in another kadhai/ pan and add the chopped garlic and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Now add the onion and green chillies and saute for another minute till the onion becomes reddish.
- Now add the chilly sauce, soya sauce, tomato sauce, and again saute for another minute.
- Add salt and very little water to prepare the sauce.
- Once the right consistency is reached, toss the chicken lollipops in the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion/corriender leaves and serve hot
Author: Ria Chattopadhyay
Filed Under: Recipes