November 20, 2017
Chicken Peri Peri Kebab
Around the world peri peri is best known as a chili based sauce used as a seasoning or marinade for meat, especially chicken.Even though peri peri’s origins are from Portugal, the first time I tried a peri peri chicken in resturant.Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Chicken is always my favorite. I'm inspired by the grilled chicken which is infused with the Nando's spices blended sauce. It just awesome! Nando's sauce is available at most of the hypermarket now. .If you are looking for kebab with a twist, this is one that you should try at home.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 750 grams Boneless chicken cut into cubbed
- 5 tbsp White oil
- 3 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder for color
- 6 tbsp peri peri sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, white oil, , sea salt, garlic, ginger garlic paste, paprika, oregano, kashimiri chili powder and black pepper. mix it well
- Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight to marinate.
- Agin mix chicken with periperi sauce and white oil and leave it for another 45 min
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to medium-high heat. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.(180 c)for 20 min
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the skewers.Making sure the skewer is fully covered with chicken chunks.
- Place chicken over grill rack, and then brush with oil to prevent chicken from sticking. Grill for about 10 to 15 minutes, rotating from sides for even cooking. Keep watching-- if they are browning too quickly, turn the heat down.
- Grill in batches if you have a small grill. Transfer the skewers to a platter.
- Serve hot with green chutney
Author: Ria Chattopadhyay
Filed Under: Recipes